Saturday, May 14, 2011

All in a days work...

Yesterday I (well my husband) volunteered (me) to go out with him into the field. I had no idea that was even a possibilty so I jumped at the opportunity to get a glimpse at what is it he does. We drove up to the forest in the Forest Sevice truck :), crossed to creeks (one by bridge, one by board), around some willows and through thorn bushes, to get to the fence we were going to take out. My job... pull out the staples on the wood posts. Sounds easy enough right? Well let me tell you these were not my idea of staples. They look like a u-shaped nail, pointed on both ends, with no head. Each post had 3-4 of these so called staples. I used a hammer to remove the little buggers. I am not sure how much fence we took out but it was a lot. Chris came behind me and removed the fences stablers with wire cutters. I have to say I got the better end of the deal. It was hard work, my body ached after we were done. My hands I thought for sure would have blisters, but I think all I did was wear off my finger prints :0). Today my hamstrings are screaming at me, my back aches, and I am well pretty much pooped. All I did was pull out "staples" for a few hours. I can only say that I have a much greater appreciation for the hard work that he puts in day in and day out. I LOVE YOU BABY and I am proud to be your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment