Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's Been A While...

Well it has been over eight months since I have written anything on this blog of mine. It's not as if I haven't had anything to write about either. I suppose I just haven't taken the time to. What a year it has been...Ups and downs, steep hills to climb and valleys to forge. Some days I feel like I am drowning in the abyss of uncertainty and other days I am on top of the world and nothing or no one can take me down. I suppose life is just like this. God has been teaching me a lot about patience and contentment. And although I fail in that most days I am so in awe of His grace for me.

We are still waiting for word on Chris's job. This has been a nightmare and I finally told Chris until I see official paperwork stating that his job is no longer I am not packing one box. I trust that God has a plan but I wish sometimes He would just let us in on it. Life is a journey. We can either fall apart in the wake of the unknown or allow God to lead. This is certainly easier said than done. I believe it is through the trials of life that we grow. He allows a certain amount of heartache to push us. I want to be up for the challenge. I will confess my will gets the better of me sometimes. But like a loving Father he corrects me and sets me on the right path. We like sheep have gone astray... I am a wandering sheep with ADD!! I am sure He looks at me and shakes his head.

Kids started school this week. Nathanael is now in the 6th grade and at the high school... CRAZY!! He has 7 classes I believe and one of those classes is Shop. I think he will really get a lot out of that class. I am praying that this year will be better than last. Nathanael is a wonderful kid but he has a hard time making friends. I don't know why that it. My prayer for him is that he finds a good friend this year. Macaela is a 4th grader this year. She has a new teacher just hired this last summer. I am thankful though she is a seasoned teacher. Macaela loves school and has many friends. I pray that this year she will be able to master all of her subjects. She did so well last year in catching up. She is almost at grade level for reading. Really proud of her. Both kids are playing soccer this fall. Should be a busy season!

I have been dealing with a heal bone spur all summer long. I have never been in this much pain in my life. Granted I have never been through child birth but I suppose this would be second to that. I will be returning to the doctor on Monday and asking for him to do surgery. I can't live with this forever and well with the probable job loss and insurance being no longer I need to do something. I am tired of being laid up every other week or so.

Thank you Lord for seeing us though all things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment